Saturday, January 31, 2009

This is what I come home to...

I come home from Cami's baptism to find 2 ambulances and 3 firetrucks on our road, never a good sign. Turns out it was the bishop's house across the street. I'm not quite sure the damage. The house is still standing and looks good from the outside. I'll update as I find out more.
The kids were home alone, 12 year old son heard the alarms go off and got the kids out of the house. The neighbor adults came and saw and called 911. The house now has no trespassing signs on it and they are living at a grandparents home for the time being. We had a nice sunday meeting and our ward is helping where we can.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The restoration people told Tim it would be 6 months before they could live in the house. I hope they are wrong. The inside is charred. IT makes me sick because they had JUST finished an extensive addition. The final inspection was Monday. The floor in their new addition is now falling into the basement. I went inside the house to grab some things after the all clear and Kiera says my hair still smells like smoke, and I need another shower :( Our house is pretty smoky still as well. Bryce...you should check out the pictures Tim posted on Facebook. Korinne took quite a few as well.

minerfam said...

So sad! :( It is so amazing how much damage can be done in such a short amount of time. I am glad that the 12 year old knew to get the kids out of the house though!